Well tonight I had the most delicious and moreish dinner. Stir fry Prawns with Rice. It was quick, easy, scrumptious and better than any prawn dish I have ever ordered at a Chinese restaurant. The prawns were perfectly cooked, succulent and juicy and not in the slightest overcooked or rubbery. I forgot to take any photos, as it looked and smelt sooooo good I just wanted to eat it, but I have absolutely no doubt that this will be on my menu again soon and I will upload some pics then.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
3 cloves garlic, peeled
5g fresh ginger, peeled
1 tbls white wine
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 black peppercorns
1 tbls soy sauce
10g oil for marinade and 20g oil for stir fry
400g raw prawns, shelled
140g white long grain rice (approx 70g per person)
1. Blend all ingredients (except prawns and 20g of oil) for 1 minute, speed 10. Pour over prawns and marinate for 1-2 hours (I only let them marinade the amount of time it took for the rice to cook). Do not wash out the TM bowl.
2. Put rice in basket and rinse. Insert into bowl. Add water and cook 15 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 4. Once cooked, take out basket and keep warm. Discard water.
3. Heat 20g oil in TM bowl for 2 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 1.
4. Add prawns with their marinade. Cook 3 minutes, varoma temp, reverse, speed 1.
5. Serve immediately with rice and all juices.
Enjoy and stay tuned for my next Thermomix Tassie Yum adventure.
Well my boyfriend LOVES tomato relish and eats it likes its going out of fashion, so I looked around and found this recipe for the Thermomix. I have never made relish or any sort of preserves or condiments before (either with the Thermomix or otherwise), so I thought, here goes nothing.
I got a kilo of yummy fresh home grown tomatoes from my mum and the rest was just pantry ingredients. Quick, easy and delicious. I have now become a tomato relish convert
330g onion, peeled & quartered
1kg tomatoes, halved
1/2 tbls curry powder
1/2 tbls dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed spice
dash of vinegar
1 tbls cornflour
1. Place onion into TM bowl and shop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
3. Cook for 1 hour at 100C on reverse speed 1.
4. Bottle while hot.
This would be a great Christmas pressie idea – perhaps a hamper of goodies for everyone – including tomato relish, chocolate truffles, shortbread, perhaps pickles of some sort and a jam. Sounds perfect to me. I will have to trial some recipes throughout the year ready for this Christmas. I know, I know, its months away, but boy time flies
I hope you enjoy the tomato relish just as much as I do and my boyfriend certainly does
Well hello there fellow Thermomix enthusiasts.
I am just starting a little blog to share my fun and yummy experiences with a Thermomix. I currently do not have my own ‘thermie’ but am living temporarily with someone who does (score) and I am enjoying every single meal that comes from this brilliant machine. I am taking full advantage of having access to this amazing (but expensive) kitchen appliance and am using this time to see if I really would use this machine and it wouldn’t just get put in the cupboard and never used.
So I will share with you my experiences – yum or not – machine fault or my own!! Stay tuned for recipe one – oh what shall it be? – the pressure is on!!