Well tonight I had the most delicious and moreish dinner. Stir fry Prawns with Rice. It was quick, easy, scrumptious and better than any prawn dish I have ever ordered at a Chinese restaurant. The prawns were perfectly cooked, succulent and juicy and not in the slightest overcooked or rubbery. I forgot to take any photos, as it looked and smelt sooooo good I just wanted to eat it, but I have absolutely no doubt that this will be on my menu again soon and I will upload some pics then.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
3 cloves garlic, peeled
5g fresh ginger, peeled
1 tbls white wine
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 black peppercorns
1 tbls soy sauce
10g oil for marinade and 20g oil for stir fry
400g raw prawns, shelled
140g white long grain rice (approx 70g per person)
1. Blend all ingredients (except prawns and 20g of oil) for 1 minute, speed 10. Pour over prawns and marinate for 1-2 hours (I only let them marinade the amount of time it took for the rice to cook). Do not wash out the TM bowl.
2. Put rice in basket and rinse. Insert into bowl. Add water and cook 15 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 4. Once cooked, take out basket and keep warm. Discard water.
3. Heat 20g oil in TM bowl for 2 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 1.
4. Add prawns with their marinade. Cook 3 minutes, varoma temp, reverse, speed 1.
5. Serve immediately with rice and all juices.
Enjoy and stay tuned for my next Thermomix Tassie Yum adventure.